It’s finally here: the official 2012 New Year’s Eve Martini Bar Soiree! I’ve yet to come up with even the most cliché of New Year’s Resolutions but I have written a cheat sheet for tonight’s party and seeing as some of you will be meeting The Wedding Date for the first time, please print the following for reference.
And highlight it.
And memorize it on your way to Philadelphia so there are no embarrassing moments, okay?
1) My friend Meghan (who wrote Wednesday’s post “Crossing the Rubicon”) will be in attendance with “Adam.” Although “Adam” is not his real name and she kind of sort of forgot to tell him that she was writing a blog post about him, so mum’s the word, okay?
2) The Wedding Date will also be attendance. Although The Wedding Date is not his real name either. You’ll be briefed upon arrival.
3) My last boyfriend (the one from London) was called something very similar to The Wedding Date and my dad, sick puppy that he is, has taken great delight in trying to get me to invert their names. As such, introductions will require my utmost concentration and there’s a good chance that I will forget your name, even if you’re someone I’ve known for quite some time. I apologize in advance if this happens.
4) My partner-in-crime (known to you all as Philly Tap Teaser) and I went for manicures yesterday. I hate spending money on “frivolous” things like manicures (and haircuts, and bras, actually) but it’s been thirteen years since I’ve gone for a proper manicure so when you see me tomorrow, please tell me that my nails look AWESOME.
5) All hostess gifts of the chocolate, wine or especially-yummy variety should be given directly to ME and not to my mother. I will see to it that they are brought to a secure location.
6) If you see Chauffeur, please make a point to tell him that my White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Martini recipe was not “gross,” and that you’re terribly disappointed that it’s not on the docket this year because you actually like drinking martinis that look like strawberry milk and that you’re considering boycotting next year’s party if the Raspberry Truffle Martini is not reinstated.
- And We’re Back: The Black Friday Martini Bar Soiree (katrichterwrites.wordpress.com)
- New Year’s Martinis (glutenfreeinga.wordpress.com)
- Feliz Something-Or-Other (katrichterwrites.wordpress.com)